Friday 21 June 2019

30. Quick garden update

Things are hotting up now, the temperature here is usually now between 30 and 35 degrees C and sunny. We have had some cracking thunderstorms as well usually early evening or at night which saves on the job of watering the garden.
The garden is going wild because of this.

WE have

Enough garlic to keep Dracula and his dog away for a good while

Chillies


The picture above are my peas which are not doing too good. From my best friend Google I think it's too hot for them, they were seeds I brought from the UK. my neighbours bulgarian peas are doing great.

Broad beans


Beetroot are ready we already had some in salads and need to put the rest in jars to preserve them.


My melons are getting flowers on them

Red cabbage

Grapes

Apples

Our first onion 

On the flower front we have

Rose in bloom

Geraniums  from seed


Gazanias grown from seed
Petunias grown from seed.

I have discovered a downside to living in Bulgaria though this last month. That is the bloody flies there are fecking thousands of them. I have tried numerous contraptions to trap them and none of them have been any good unlike how they show it on you tube with hundreds of flies in their best ever fly trap video. My fly killing journey continues and I will of course let you know if I invent the best ever fly trap.
WE have this month finally got round to lighting our outdoor wood oven. As its too hot to cook indoors. As I write we have some teriyaki pork ribs cooking away in there.

Homemade pizza for the first lighting of the oven

It was good sorry I don't have a picture of the finished article I couldn't wait to eat it.

Take care
Mark and Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment