Thursday 2 August 2018

And other things

I promise I will come up with some better titles in future.

We have been back now for nearly two weeks, and are already counting down till our next trip 9 weeks to go.
It's quite daunting for me anyway, how much land we have 2000 square metres in old money that's half an acre. Here's me never had much more than a small back garden and currently live in a two up two down terrace with a concreted back yard.
I left all the garden tools I owned in a past life along with a lot of my other worldly goods seven years ago to be precise. Isn't divorce brilliant 10 years of marriage an I got the TV lol.

Anyway I need to get some tools, I have found a few at the house in Bulgaria but I think they were made when God's dog was a pup they are that old.
I think the two main tools I will need will be a chainsaw and a brushcutter/strimmer. A chainsaw for cutting wood to keep us warm in the winter and a strimmer to tackle the garden and the jungle (which has thousands of snakes in it by the way).
I was toying with the idea of buying a good quality strimmer like a stihl but boy are they expensive.
So me being financially astute (read tightwad) I have done a bit of research on the tinternet and have decided to see how I get on with this one.

Screwfix strimmer
 It's £100 with a 1_year warranty not that that will be much use in Bulgaria but all the reviews are good for it and it's fitted with a snake alarm (I made that  bit up). If I get a couple of years out of it it might work out cheaper we will see.

It will need to be good to tackle the jungle


Plenty of gardening to be done

WILDLIFE

our village and garden is full of wildlife we regularly saw little lizards in the garden and one day I saw a large green and blue one, we have birds flying round from swifts or swallows I don't know the difference,sparrows and a  Jay seemed to visit regularly.
We have flies (not so good) wasps, bees, caterpillars, crickets, scorpions (only tiny ones thankfully) dragonflies and all sorts of weird bugs. One day we had a bat fall out of the barn which seemed to sleep all day on a path but flew off at night. Also one day in the road we saw what we thought was a fox but later discovered it was a  jackal !!!

this little fella fell out the barn.

Nice blue dragonfly

One day as we were sat outside the front of the house a car pulled up . It turned out to be one of our neighbours not that we have many. He wanted to know what we were doing at the house, he knew the previous owners and with the help of Google translate we managed to get across to him that we had bought the house. It's good to know he was keeping an eye on it.
His name was Ivan and lives at the top of the hill at the back of our house.
Later that day about 2 pm I could here some metal dragging along the road, I stuck my head out of the gate to see a horse trotting past with a 20 foot chain around its ankle and a large metal stake that it had pulled out of the ground and obviously escaped from somewhere at the top of the hill.
I got in the car and drove up to ivans house and started to beep the car horn and shout ivan.
a couple of minutes later Ivan came out wearing his underpants obviously woken from a sleep. Where else other than Bulgaria can you stand outside your house in your undies and think nothing of it.
again Google translate to the rescue he must of thought I was mad but eventually I got him to understand.
Ivan put his shorts on and we drove around the village looking for the runaway horse.
After about 30 minutes we found the horse on a street near ivan's.
Ivan shouted at the horse and it came towards us I swear it was smiling. It turned out it wasn't even his horse.

I went back home and about an hour later Ivan turned up at our gate with a large watermelon for us to say thank you , how kind, the villagers are so friendly.

A random picture of a bottle of vodka £4.50 think we will like it here.

Till next time
Take care








No comments:

Post a Comment